Family of ELEVEN with nine kids under the age of 17 miraculously survive terrifying house fire - but lose their home and beloved pet in the blaze
A family with nine children under 17 who narrowly escaped a harrowing house fire are devastated after losing all their possessions and their puppy.
The two-storey home on Jacaranda Avenue in Logan Central, south of Brisbane, went up in flames at 9.30 on Thursday morning.
The mother and father and their six girls and three boys aged between two and 17 miraculously escaped the blaze with help from their neighbours.
Emergency services were called to extinguish the blaze but nothing could be saved from the inferno.
Family friend Sarai Sarai said the family was 'traumatised' in a heartbreaking Facebook post.
'This family of nine children and parents are safe however are understandably traumatised and have lost absolutely everything including the loss of their family puppy,' she wrote.
'The kids urgently need clothing and shoes, nappies, food, blankets and pillows.'
Ivy Tafa Tuimavave, a kind-hearted neighbour, opened her home to the family.
好心的邻居艾薇·塔法·图伊马瓦夫(Ivy Tafa Tuimavave)向这家人敞开了大门。
'She is already cooking, shopping for food and nappies, assisting police and doing everything she can to assist.'
Ms Sarai urged anyone willing to help to drop supplies off to Jacaranda Avenue.
Members of the community have rallied around the family, asking about the children's clothes sizes, if any have food allergies and offering bedding supplies.
'Do any of the children have allergies to food? I'll be doing a grocery shop after school,' one woman offered.
'I'll go through my boys clothes and drop off to you tonight! I'm so glad that you and all your neighbours kids are safe. Talofae, love your guts x,' wrote another.