Hear the harrowing Triple-Zero call made by teenager after he stabbed two men to death in the dark after they stormed his house looking for a woman who'd taken refuge inside
Harrowing Triple-Zero calls made by a teenager who stabbed two men to death after they stormed his house have been released.
Dean Webber, then 19, was alone in his home in Alva Beach, north Queensland, when a womanfrantically knocked on his door on September 30, 2018.
2018年9月30日，当时19岁的迪恩·韦伯(Dean Webber)独自一人在昆士兰北部阿尔瓦海滩(Alva Beach)的家中，一名女子疯狂地敲响了他的门。
Candace Locke, 31,said she had injured her shoulder and 'very bad people' were looking for her after boozy celebrations of theNRL Grand Final.
A group of men including her boyfriend Tom Davy, 27,and friend Corey Christensen, 37, came banging on Mr Webber's front door at about 12.30am.
凌晨12点半左右，包括她27岁的男友汤姆·戴维(Tom Davy)和37岁的朋友科里·克里斯滕森(Corey Christensen)在内的一群男人敲响了韦伯的前门。
Three men ripped through the screen door and allegedly grabbed the young diesel fitter by the throat and threw him to the ground.
Both Mr Davy and Mr Christensen were stabbed in the ensuing melee and Mr Webber made three distressing calls to emergency services throughout the night, two before the fatal fight and one afterwards.
'I need police right now, I've just stabbed a bloke who broke into my house,' Mr Webber told the operator at the beginning of the final call.
'They broke into my house. There's blood everywhere. I think I killed him. I was scared for my life. The other two are going to kill me.'
The audio has been released as part of an ongoing Coronial inquest into the circumstances surrounding the two deaths, the Townsville Bulletin reported.
Mr Webber first placed a call to Queensland Ambulance Service at 12.24am.
Ms Locke could be heard sobbing in the background of the phone call, telling the operator she was pushed from a buggy and ran to the home for help.
Distress was evident in Mr Webber's voice as he revealed the men had arrived on his property and were trying to break in.
Mr Webb then placed a call to Queensland Police explaining the men were trying to break into his home and that he was housing a distressed woman he didn't know.
'You're not allowed to be here… you need to leave now… I need police right now…' Mr Webber could be heard saying.
At 12.57am, Mr Webber made his chilling final emergency call.
'I've just killed a bloke most likely. I think I stabbed him in the heart. There is a bloke dying. I can see him out on the street. He's not moving.
'I don't know how I'm still alive to be honest,' he told the operator.
Mr Webber said he 'did everything he could' to protect himself and said he was still holding the knife that he'd used to 'keep it as evidence'.
'He grabbed my arm, I had it in my left arm and I tried anything I could to protect myself because he was going to kill me,' he said.
Mr Webber placed the knife down on the table when he was asked and began sobbing uncontrollably as he turned on the kitchen lights and surveyed the scene.
'Oh my god… oh my god… there is blood everywhere… it's everywhere,' he sobbed.
'I'm too young for this.'
Mr Webber repeatedly begged for emergency services to arrive and asked the operator to stay on the phone with him.
'Am I going to go to jail for this?' he asked.
The audio ended with police arriving at the home and shouting at Mr Webber not to move before putting him in handcuffs.
Mr Webber was never charged after the Triple-Zero operator he had called prior to the attack reportedly left the line open for 50 minutes - effectively providing evidence he acted in self defence.
On Tuesday, Mr Webber's lawyerHarvey Walters submitted an application stating he had been diagnosed with 'moderate to severe' post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of the coronal investigation.
He said the man became extremely emotional when speaking about the events two years ago and advised he be excused from taking the stand.